PRIVATE SEWER MAINS (NEW, REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS)
Private sewer line is being:
- is being installed from a new structure to the public sewer system.
- is being repaired or replaced.
- was hit by another utility company or contractor.
This sewer line inspection will need at a minimum a $5.00 inspection fee. The private sewer line may not be covered until inspected by an authorize employee of the Sanitary District on site. The inspection must be completed with the pipe fully exposed. Partial inspections are allowed if requested.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF A BURIED REPAIR OR BURIED NEW PIPE DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN INSPECTION.
REUSE OF A PRIVATE SEWER LINE
If a building permit is issued for a property that expands the foot print of a structure already connected to the Sanitary District sewer system, then the sewer line for the property must be inspected. The inspection will look at the pipe materials, any broken pipes, roots, sags, separated pipes and other items. If the sewer line meets the Sanitary District's current requirements, then the pipe may be reused. If the sewer line does not meet the current requirements of the Sanitary District, than the private sewer must be repaired or replaced.
An employee of the Sanitary District must be present during the camera inspection. Providing a video of the inspection does not meet the requirements of the Sanitary District.
Sump Pump and Other Illegal Connections
Sump pump are not allowed to drain their water in to any part of the Sanitary District sewer system or any of the cities within the Sanitary District.
A inspection for illegal connections may be required
- If the sewer collection system in a specific area is seeing higher flows than normal or expected
- If during a camera inspection of the public sewer system and a private sewer service shows signs of an illegal connection
- If there is a reported illegal connection
It is recommended that a sump pump inspection is requested prior to the purchase of a new structure to ensure there are no illegal connections prior to purchase.