April 27, 2016
- Thul Specialty Contracting started to evaluate manholes for rehabilitation.
- Lessard Contracting’s, contracted for time to complete work in the Harbor Expired today at noon today. For any day after this date the contractor is subject to liquidated damages.
- Municipal Pipe and Tool is continuing to their part of the project.
April 26, 2016
- Thul Specialty Contracting was given notice to proceed.
- Lessard Contracting is continuing to finishing their part of the project.
- Municipal Pipe and Tool is continuing to their part of the project.
April 12, 2016
- Sanitary District approved bid for Thul Specialty Contracting, Inc. from Elk River, MN to do final phase of the sewer rehabilitation project for the Okoboji Harbor.
- Lessard Contracting is still working on finishing up items
April 11, 2016
- Lessard Contracting is on site and started to finish up landscaping work today.
- HR Green will be on site reviewing work as it is completed.
April 4, 2016
- HR Green was notified by Lessard Contracting that they plan on starting up work on April 5, 2016.
- Receiving bids for Section C (final section) of the Harbor Project to be held on April 5, 2016.
March 21, 2016
- Lessard Contracting plans to start working on repairing needed to the public sewer in Furman Road. This work could start today.
- Lessard Contracting is also looking at doing finishing work on the two repairs that were made earlier this year.
- Some repairs on sprinkler systems are being made starting today.
March 7, 2016
- Lessard Contracting has called in locates to make the final repairs needed to the public sewer line.
- Two sewer connections are remaining sealed in the Harbor from the lining project. Those two service lines are an issue and we are working on the best options for making the repairs.
March 4, 2016
- Lining in the Harbor Area is down to sealing the new liner at the service connection.
- Municipal Pipe and Tools contracted for time to complete work in the Harbor Expired today. For any day after this date the contractor is subject to liquidated damages.
February 10, 2016
- Lessard Contracting has started to repair the low spots in new sewer lines that were found.
February 9, 2016
- Areas to be completed this week are as follows:
- Northwest side of Harbor Drive.
- North end of North Tradewind Drive.
- Rusty Road
- Furman Road to Rusty Road
- The cul-de-sac area of Harbor Drive.
- Service line work will start on February 11, 2016 with a tentative schedule below:
- February 15-19, 2016 Breakwater Drive, South Tradewind Drive Dolphin Road and Furman Road cul-de-sac
- February 22-26, 2016 North Tradewind, Harbor Drive, Furman Road Rusty Road.
- Completion Date of February 26, 2016.
January 15, 2016
- The proposed pipe line schedule is as follows:
- January 18 to 22 Breakwater Drive, South Tradewind Drive and South areas of Dolphin Road.
- January 20 to 29 North Tradewind Drive and North Dolphin Road.
- February 1 to 5 Harbor Drive area
- February 8 to 12 Furman Drive by the pump house and Rusty Road.
January 12, 2016
- Municipal Pipe and Tool has finished their cleaning and camera inspections of the public sewer in the Harbor Area.
- Lining work for the Harbor is scheduled to begin the week of January 18, 2016. We do not have a schedule of where they will start but we should have that shortly.
January 4, 2016
- Initial work for Section B will start today or tomorrow. This will include cleaning the sewer lines and camera inspection to verify the location of private connections. This work should have little to no impact on private sewers.
- Lessard Contracting is looking at frost conditions to determine when the can come and make the final repairs to three low spots in the new sewer pipe. There were issues found in the cul-de-sac on Furman Road, Dolphin Road and in the sewer between the boardwalk and houses along Furman Road. Lessard would like to get in this week to make those repairs.
December 3, 2015
- Only one pit left to dig for pipe bursting.
- Sewer line cleaning and camera inspections are scheduled to start on December 7, 2015.
- Section B work is proposed to starting the second week of January 2016. Municipal Pipe and Tool Company has been contracted for this phase of the project.
November 25, 2015
- Work has started for the initial work in Furman Road.
- Pipe bursting is planned to start on Monday.
- Contractor has stated they plan on working of November 27th and 28th.
November 19, 2015
- Pipe bursting in Dolphin Road was completed today. This work took a little longer due to the weather and some mechanical issues. The contractor has one pipe section left to burst on Furman Road.
November 10, 2015
- Trustees accepted bid Section B, sewer lining for the Harbor Area. This work should begin late November 2015.
- Contractor has moved equipment into cul-de-sac areas on Dolphin and Furman Roads. This work will begin this week depending on the weather.
November 4, 2015
- Pipe bursting and connection of services is completed on 20549 to 20565 Dolphin Road.
- Pipe bursting and connection of sewer services should be finished from 15724 to 20500 South Tradewind Drive.
- Minor repairs are being done around the area.
- Landscapers are scheduled to move in early next week for clean up of sites. This is weather dependent.
- Next week work is to scheduled to start in the cul-de-sac areas on Dolphin and Furman Roads. These will have deep excavations.
October 21, 2015
- North Tradewind Drive pipe bursting and repairs are completed and all homes were reconnected today. Pipe bursting took placed between 15632 and 15708.
- Pipe repairs are completed for 20516 Dolphin Road.
- Pipe bursting was completed from 20588 to 20572 and homes are currently being reconnected.
- Pipe bursting will moving into the area of 20572 and 20564 Dolphin Road.
- Currently work remains on some areas of Dolphin Drive, South Tradewind Drive and the sewer in the cul-de-sac of Dolphin Drive and Furman Road.
October 16, 2015
- All pipe bursting and homes are reconnected along Harbor Drive.
- Locates have been called in for all homes along Tradewind Drive north and south.
- The East side of Harbor Drive should be fully completed by October 23, 2015.
- The west side of Harbor Drive should be fully completed by October 29, 2015.
- Pipe bursting on North Tradewind Drive from house number 15624 to house number 15708 is scheduled to start next week.
- Pipe bursting on Dolphin Road from house number 20565 to house number 20546 is scheduled to start next week.
- Pipe bursting on Dolphin Road from house number 20556 to house number 20588 could also get done next week.
- Pre-bid meeting for the pipe lining project was held today for the Section B work at the Okoboji Harbor.
October 8, 2015
- Landscaping repairs on Furman Road and Breakwater Drive are getting finished up. Photo of the area on Furman Road is on the right side of the page.
- Properties from 15508 Harbor Drive to 15700 Harbor Drive has the new sewer line installed. The currently occupied homes have been reconnected and the remaining homes will be reconnected by the end of the day October 8, 2015.
- Properties from 15533 Harbor Drive through 15649 Harbor Drive will see increased activity this week and next week. The pipe is scheduled to be bursted the middle of next week but maybe moved up earlier in the week depending on the rate of work the Contractor gets completed.
- Cleanup of soil along the east side of Harbor Drive will happen this week and next week.
- Harbor Drive and the remainder of the project will be dormant seeded in November. The compost amended soil, final grading, seeding, and erosion control blankets will be completed this year but grass will likely not germinate until next spring once the soil temperature is warm enough to germinate the seed.
- The Contractor anticipates being able to start work on North Tradewind Drive and Dolphin Road on Thursday next week.
October 6, 2015
- Pipe bursting took place on the east side of Harbor Drive. The pipe was replaced from approximately 15600 Harbor Drive north to 15508. The pipe was bursted in the morning and re-connection of the sewer services was completed at approximately 4:00 pm.
- Establishment of the grass has started on the sewer east west of Furman Road. Compost amended soil and erosion control blankets are being installed as part of this phase of the project.
- The contractor will be bursting pipe from approximately 15608 Harbor Drive south to 15700 Harbor Drive on October 7, 2015.
- Work has begun on the pipes that need to be bursted on the west side of Harbor Drive. The pipes in this area will be bursted from 15649 Harbor Drive to 15533 Harbor Drive. This area may get bursted on Thursday but that has not been determined as of yet.
- Survey staking for Tradewind Drive and Dolphin Road will start on October 9, 2015.
July 13, 2015
- Last week Thursday, construction staking for construction segments 1 and 2 was completed. Construction staking consisted of the project Surveyor setting flags, wood stakes, and painting markings for the sanitary sewer main, sanitary sewer manholes, and temporary and permanent easements. Please do not remove or move these flags and wood stakes.
- Last week Friday, IGLSD and HR Green met with Property Owners on Furman Road to discuss temporary easements, go over the construction phasing, and answer questions that Property Owners may have pertaining to the project construction. If you live on Furman Road or Breakwater Drive and IGLSD and HR Green have not been able to meet with you and you have questions pertaining to the construction project please call Matt Pajl with HR Green at 605-660-0697.
- This week Tuesday, HR Green will be onsite meeting with Property Owners on Breakwater Drive and the east side of Harbor Drive.
- This week Tuesday, Lessard Contracting will be onsite to locate utilities along Breakwater Drive.
June 19, 2015
Lessard Contracting personnel may start some exploratory work between now and June 26, 2015. There will be no construction activity between June 29, 2015 and July 5, 2015. It is expected that significant construction activities will start shortly after July 5th and proceed from there. Our plan is still to contact property owners a couple of weeks in advance work being performed at or near your property to discussion private utilities locations. Please be thinking about where underground private utilities such as electrical lines to docks, house drains, and sprinkler systems are located on your property. Please stay tuned into the website for updates and we will work to e-mail you information as it comes available.
June 9, 2015
The Trustees of the Iowa Great Lakes Sanitary District have approved a contract with Lessard Contracting Inc. The Notice to proceed was also signed.
May 26, 2015
On May 26, 2015 the Iowa Great Lakes Sanitary received three bids for the Section A portion of the Harbor Sewer Rehabilitation Project. The bids were from:
Quam Construction (Willmar, MN)- $3,358,983.55
Lessard Contracting Inc. (Sergeant Bluff, IA) – $2,866,562.00
GM Contracting Inc. (Lake Crystal, MN) – $3,494,488.95
The Trustees of the Sanitary District awarded the bid to Lessard Contracting. The current schedule is Lessard has 10 days to provide the Sanitary District with documentation. Upon receiving the contract documents required by the Sanitary District, on June 9, 2015 the Sanitary District Trustees will issue the Notice to Proceed to the Contractor. After the Notice to Proceed is sent the contractor can begin work on the project.